Long Live Rock & Roll Competition
To celebrate two years of new and alternative live music events, wily Southampton promoters Long Live Rock & Roll are staging a week-long stint of in-your-face bandness (click here for full event info). As if that wasn't enough reason to skip around the room in your pants, whistling 70s TV theme tunes, TFW wanted to give readers yet more reasons to wake up in the mornings - so we pinned LLR&R promoter and DJ Ally Wolf to the deck until he promised us some free stuff! As the winner you will get TWO VIP PASSES to a future Long Live Rock & Roll gig of YOUR CHOICE, a 2nd anniversary poster SIGNED BY THE BANDS helping to make the week-long event one to remember and THE FIRST TWO DRINKS, at the gig you choose, are on the house! Terms & Conditions apply, see the end of this article.
The morning after each gig, PH will make an entry into the Journal of Beer. How many free beers did he blag? Which part of the venue did he use to pretend he was still capable of remaining upright, unaided? How essential to the survival of the music critic was the post-gig kebab? Music? Sure, he might mention it.
Fittingly, he will rate each night in pints of lager. All you have to do is tell us, on or after the date of his last entry, how many beers the 7-night event totalled. So, for instance, if PH rated all 7 nights out with 5 beers each, the answer is 35. Geddit? Easy.
Email your answer along with your full name and age to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to do it automatically. Closing date for entries is Tuesday the 31st of January 2006. Rock on!
1. Entry to the competition is restricted to one entry per person.
2. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. No automated entries or third party entries are permitted.
4. Competitions are open to UK residents only.
5. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address.
6. Winners will be chosen at random, by computer, from all correct and valid entries to the competition.
7. Winners will be contacted via email and may have their name/s displayed on the Fly Wessex website.
8. The Fly Wessex is compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
9. You must be at least 14 years old to enter and entrants under 18 must recognise that the only LLR&R venue they will be able to see a gig in will be Southampton's The Joiners and the drinks will be of the dreadfully boring kind, like a nice cup of tea.
10. The prize must be taken before or during May 2006. LLR&R reserve the right to refuse after this time. For full listings of upcoming gigs, see www.longliverockandroll.com
11. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.