Bestival Press Release
8 - 9 - 10 SEPTEMBER 2006
ROBIN HILL COUNTRY PARK, NEWPORT, ISLE OF WIGHT
• Bestival curator Rob da Bank announces the Saturday night headliner as Pet Shop Boys. A UK festival exclusive!
• 8 stages of boutique festival fun - live music, top DJs, cabaret & super strange happenings. Supported by BBC Radio 1
• Other live acts include: Devendra Banhart, The Stranglers, The Fall, King Creosote, Jamie T, Cagedbaby, Kid Creole and The Coconuts, Amadou & Mariam, Nathan Fake, The Young Knives, The Sunshine Underground, Kanda Bongo Man, Planet Pendulum, Switch, The Boy Least Likely To, Mara Carlyle, James Yorkston and The Athletes, Fence Collective, The Aliens, My Robot Friend, Electronic Elvis, Kitty Daisy & Lewis, Jeremy Warmsley, Mr Hudson and the Library, Vetiver, Klaxons, Tunng, Jeggsy Dodd, Eberg, Electronic Elvis, Magnetophone with Sonic Boom and Kwaing Creasite, Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly plus Young Blood Brass Band AND MUCH MUCH MORE TO STILL BE ANNOUNCED…
• Plus a host of the finest DJs: DJ Marky, DJ Yoda, Annie Mac, Cosmic Fury (Tom Middleton & Fred Deakin), Erol Alkan, DJ Zinc, Justin Robertson, Mary Anne Hobbs, Lindstrom & Prins Thomas, Touche, Jazzanova, Rob da Bank, Flower Power (Ibiza), Chris Coco, The Black Dog, Mixmaster Morris, Digital Mystikz, Skream, Kode 9, Various Production, DJ Derek, Gaz's Rockin Blues, Quiet Village, Sonic Boom, plus much more to come...
• Hosted by those saucy masters of ceremonies The Cuban Brothers – playing live and unadulterated
• And the Biggest Fancy Dress celebration ever goes Circus theme!
• Plus many more bands plus two headliners still to be announced!
So that's a wee taster of what promises to be the most eclectic and fun line up ever from Mr da Bank. Not only that but we'll be packing our small and beautifully formed festival full of Sunday Best surprises and strange happenings. Last year we decided to hold a little fancy dress party for a bit of fun. About 10,000 Cowboys and Indians turned up and broke the Guinness World Record for 'the biggest fancy dress party' ever. This year we're going mad for the Circus theme so we'll be calling all strongmen, bearded ladies, freaks, performing seals, lions, ringmasters and sword swallowers (but don't sue us!) or just come as you are! All that plus an even bigger and better Boutique Campsite including a beach café, double deckers and the new Bohemian Bivouac - a travelling Boutique B&B bought to you by Bestival's creative brain box Josie da Bank (further info very soon!)
Bestival is certainly a jam-packed cacophony of musical treats and it's the spirit of Bestival that makes it a truly magical weekend for happy campers. The site is crafted with love with Josie's hand drawn designs filling the festival with wondrous imagination. The festival is put together with love by a team dedicated to bringing the best in boutique festival spirit to the rolling English countryside every year. Fantastic food, the coolest cocktail bar ever – The Bollywood Bar plus a bunch of new and amazing stuff and acts are still to be announced – Plus more cracking headliners to boot! You'd be bananas to miss it!