Doug Alldred - Profile

Name:

Doug Alldred

Why you have such a ridiculous name:

It’s what my parents called me – ask them. I never thought it was very rock ‘n’ roll, but it’s the one I’ve got and I hate obvious stage-names. What do you want me to do?

Members:

Just me – I am a solo artist.

Your base:

The Isle of Wight.

Website:

www.DougAlldred.com

When & how you formed:

Do I need to tell you about the birds and the bees here..? Seriously though, I played in a number of bands for years ‘til I decided to have a go at doing stuff myself and found that I quite like it.

Where can we usually find you if we want our money back or something?

At the bar.

The kinda sounds you play:

I’m told I sound like a modern Pink Floyd with a touch of 70s Bowie, which I love. The first album also got compared to Deep Purple, but Christ knows why – it sounds nothing like them. That’s critics for you.

Your heroes:

Musically; David Bowie, Roger Waters, BB King, Dr John, AC/DC.

Your thoughts on world politics:

The only people suitable for power are the ones who really don’t want it. Oooops… look who we’ve got.

The top three things readers need to know about you:

1. When my next album comes out

2. Where they can get my songs

3. When I’m playing live next

Want a profile on the site? Click here for more info.